Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Many Faces of Stu - Part 2

This week I'll be finishing up my first class (Basic Foundations) at Animation Mentor. I can't believe how quickly the term has flown by--and how much I've learned in such a short amount of time. It's been an amazing experience so far. As expected, long hours and lots of hard work. Incredibly challenging. I'm having a blast! :)

I had never animated anything before enrolling at AM, so it's been awesome to discover that animating is actually a lot of fun. There's something very rewarding about seeing a character come to life--even if it's just a simple bouncing ball. My work is still pretty crude and I've got a long ways to go in my journey as an animator, but that's okay. I'm digging these first baby steps and I'm excited to keep learning.

Onward to Class 2 - Psychology of Body Mechanics!

I'll post my Class 1 Progress Reel here next week. For now, here are some more of my Stu poses from this term. 





















2 comments:

  1. They really cool Jorge. Stu looks likes he's always involved in some kinda of tiring activities or is he just lazy and like to take naps ?
    Ludo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha
      Thanks, Ludo.
      The assignment for these poses was to convey desolation, physical strength, concern, exhaustion, and balance.

      But yes--Stu is indeed lazy and likes to take naps. :)

      Delete